Eggnog Cupcakes Recipe
Makes 3 dozen mini cupcakes
- ¼ cup spiced rum – Sailor Jerry
- 1 cup light eggnog
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 mini cupcake tins with holiday cupcake liners; set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine spiced rum, eggnog, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With an electric mixer on low, add liquid mixture to large bowl; mix until well combined.
3. Fill each cupcake cup half full with batter. Transfer tins to oven and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes for mini. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light eggnog
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum – Sailor Jerry
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter, eggnog, spiced rum, nutmeg and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth, but be careful not to over mix.
2. Pipe frosting onto cooled mini cupcakes. Dust with cinnamon and enjoy!