Mini Cupcake Flights are coming soon!
Each week this summer - at the Steamboat Springs MainStreet Farmer's Market - I will be selling Mini Cupcake Flights. A variety of 6 mini cupcake flavors, all in one carton. Now you can try 6 tasty cupcakes with all new flavors each week from Cupcake Mini Bar.
I am so excited for the summer start and for my baking to be in full swing - with Farmer's Market, Wine Festival and sprinkles of weddings throughout. It will be a cupcake filled summer, I hope you can visit!
For all of my Rocky Mountain bakers at high altitude - here is one of my favorite cupcake recipes - to be featured at the Steamboat 2013 Wine Festival in August.
Strawberry Champagne Mini Cupcakes
yields 3 dozen minis
recipe adapted for elevation at 6,900 ft.
Strawberry Champagne Cake
1 ½ cups cake flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
6 tblsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cups sugar
½ cup Korbel Sweet Rosé Champagne
3 egg whites
¼ cup finely chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line mini cupcake tins with paper wrappers. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. With an electric mixer and paddle attachment on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. At low-medium speed, add flour mixture one third at a time, alternating with champagne and beating until each addition is incorporated – be careful not to over mix.
3. In a separate bowl with a wire whisk attachment - whisk egg whites until sturdy white peaks form. Fold one half of eggs whites into batter with a rubber spatula. Fold the remainder of egg whites and chopped strawberries into batter until just incorporated.
4. Measure 1 tablespoon of batter into each cupcake wrapper. Bake until a toothpick inserted into cupcake centers come out clean, about 12-14 minutes.
Whipped Strawberry Champagne Buttercream
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup Korbel Sweet Rosé Champagne
¼ cup pureed strawberries
1. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whisk together butter and sugar. Slowly pour in champagne. Switch to a paddle attachment on high speed and add in strawberries. Whip until smooth, about 10 minutes.
2. Pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each mini cupcake. Top with a fresh slice of strawberry and sip with Korbel Sweet Rosé Champagne.
When baking a batch of these tasty Strawberry Champagne Mini Cupcakes, you’ll have enough champagne leftover to pair perfectly with a glass of Korbel Sweet Rosé Champagne. With bright fruit flavors and aromas, each sip will bring out the juices of fresh fruit adorning these celebration worthy sweets.
This weekend was a busy one - with Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo, and this adorable book themed baby shower!
I wanted to share a few photos, and all of the little details that went into it. I was asked to bake brown & blue cupcakes with these mini children's book toppers.
All of the food items had labels inspired by children's books and characters. The brunch spread was extensive but I managed to snap a few photos of my favorites. I love the rubber duckies floating in the punch bowl!
The party planners did an amazing job - and the soon to be momma was a happy one. Another successful weekend in Steamboat!